Detoxification is the process of clearing toxins from the body. Many of these toxins come from the food we eat, beverages we drink and the air we breath. Poor digestion, colon sluggishness and dysfunction, reduced liver function, poor elimination through the kidneys, respiratory tract and skin all add to increased toxicity. To effectively detoxify the body, we reduce the intake of toxins and improve elimination. Drinking extra purified water and increasing fiber by including more fruits and vegetables in the diet can help to minimize the toxin load. It is also important to avoid other sources such as chemicals from food, refined food, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco.
A week before you begin your detox it is a great idea to plan ahead and prepare yourself for your cleanse. Below are some suggestions to get you prepared:
1. Donate to Food Bank. I find it helpful and less stressful to plan ahead by clearing out“restricted” foods from my pantry and fridge. Begin by removing (or placing all sealed foods in a box) all processed, packaged, “junk foods” that
contain hydrogenated fats (i.e. cookies, donuts, chips, crackers), refined sugars (foods ending with “ose”), and any of your typical junk foods that you crave. This also includes beverages such as fruit punches, sodas, coffee and alcohol.
Essentially, we do crave our poisons and it’s those foods we MUST avoid during your cleanse to help reduce any potential cleansing effects and increase the effectiveness of the cleanse. Take all these sealed foods and place them in a box and donate them to your local Food Bank. Sure, this is not the most healthful foods to be donating, but it’s better than just throwing them away. After all, you did pay good money for them and you can do a good deed at the same time.
Replace these foods with fresh living foods (preferably organic), whole grains, pure water and herbal teas such as:
apples, pears, celery, carrots, cucumbers, watermelon, hummus, almond milk, raw almonds, raw pumpkin seeds, dark leafy greens, lemons, brown rice, quinoa, apple cider vinegar, garlic, tumeric, cayenne and fennel herbal tea.
2. Step away from the coffee maker. Yes, I said coffee, the nectar of the gods. It is a “no no” prior to and
throughout the 21 days. Even if its decaf, even if it’s only a single cup of java a day, it’s still necessary to avoid. Give yourself a full week java free before starting your cleanse. Replace the java with pure water (spring, steam
distilled, reverse osmosis). Water is essential to the success of your cleanse. It helps to flush toxins from the body via the urine and feces. It will to reduce possible unpleasant side effects and keep you energized. For the next week, gradually increase your water intake working up to 8-10 cups per day. If you do this gradually over a week, it will take some stress off the kidneys and you should not have to urinate as often. You may add fresh squeezed lemon juice
(not the plastic kind) for taste.
3. Dust off your blender. Time to dig to the back of the cupboard and dust off the blender that may be hiding back there. This will be a great opportunity to experiment with smoothie drinks throughout the three weeks. If you do not have blender, that's OK too. You can still support your cleanse through pure water, store bought carrot juice, and homemade soups and broths.
4. Tell your family and friends. Let them know how important the next few weeks will be to you and what your plans are goals are. You may be surprised by the support you will receive and hey, you they might just want to
share in the experience as well.
5. Order your “Detox Kit”. Please order no later than September 10th to have your kit in time for the start on September 17th. Not starting until later in the month, no problem. Order now and start whenever you are ready. Follow my blog for helpful information on diet, recipes for success, yoga and friendly support.
About your Detox Kit
Each Detox Kit includes 3 bottles of liquid homeopathic drops. Recommended dosage is 30 drops of each bottle added to 1.5 litres of water to be sipped throughout the day. The formula is gentle, yet effective and well tolerated. It stimulates the natural processes of elimination to cleanse itself of toxins and restore balance to the body. It works on the entire gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver and lymphatic systems. It is indicated for general health maintenance, poor general health, chronic disorders, and exposure to toxins. The kit will last approximately 3 weeks when taken as directed.
As there are no known drug contraindications you can still take medications. Price: $58.00 . See HOME PAGE to order online or contact me to order in person.
This is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women. Should you have any health concerns, please consult with your primary health care practitioner before starting any detoxification program.
Not sure you can do this cleanse? Don't worry, I am here to share the journey with you. I will provide you guidance along the way including some delicious recipes I know you will love! Check back often, and be sure to let me know how your journey is going.
Nancy Este is a Registered Yoga Teacher and Certified Nutritional Practitioner. She is here to share with you over 17 years of experience in the Alternative Health field. It is her hope to help save you time, money and stress when it comes to regaining your balance in life.